Saturday, May 30, 2009

La Frontera que Viene

I must confess I do like conflict - not so much for the conflict itself, which I do find intriguing, but for the fact that conflict is the harbinger of newness... where old and stale are most vulnerable to a good churning.

In daily life, we are not permitted to be really great. We can be "great" with a small "g" by rallying for what is right and defending ourselves and others from what is wrong. We can, for instance, have a massive impact on our small, inconsequential worlds within the context of what is permissible at work or home. We can even touch others lives profoundly by coming to their assistance, opening doors of opportunity, providing a second and third chance for redemption, etc. But we cannot be truly great in the context of a reality that refuses to allow for turbulence and hates individualism.

This is why I am excited to see the old, settled world give up its ghost. I am frankly bored with it.

The current world-wide disorder is apt to get much wose before it gets any better. While the world markets rally fueled on false hope and pols rally with slogans worth so much dirt - on one last ditch scheme to bamboozle and fleece the last among the commoners - I am realistic about the actuality of the political-economic breakdown that is inevitable. And I welcome it. I pray for it to be a quick.

And when this occurs, there will be many like me who bid good riddance to this stale disordered reality. When this occurs, there will be many like me who will lay patiently for the proper moment to shine.

It is not tranquility we abhor, but the placid injustice of being tied to a dying-man's shell. Let him pass. He has lived a good and long life. Let him pass so that newness and vitality - greatness - might spring from his rotting corpse.

La frontera se viene.

No comments:

Post a Comment